Call FREE Today on

0800 254 5066


Process Questions & Answers

The following Questions and Answers cover the majority or queries we have from people looking to make a claim. If you're question isn't answered below, don't hesitate to contact us via our query page.

How quickly will you have an answer to my claim?

This depends on the circumstances of your claim and how quickly the original adviser deals with it. There are required timescales that must be considered and we will ensure that your claim is chased on a regular basis.

How is any compensation paid if I am successful in my claim?

Usually any successful claim will result in your pension fund increasing in value by the amount of compensation agreed. In the case of a mis-sold investment, you will receive your compensation directly from the company, less our fee.

I was advised to transfer out of my former employers Final Salary Pension plan. Can I make a claim?

In most cases it is beneficial to leave benefits in a Final Salary Pension scheme. If you have been advised to transfer away without having been fully explained the risks of giving up a guaranteed, index linked pension, then you will definitely have a legitimate claim.

I am unhappy with the performance of my Personal Pension plan. Is it worth me making a claim?

Not necessarily. It depends on the advice given. Poor investment performance in itself is not a reason to claim. If you have been invested in funds that did not match your risk rating or the charges and commissions were not fully explained, you may have a legitimate claim.

What if the Financial Adviser that gave me advice is no longer trading. Can I still make a claim?

Yes! We will make a claim directly to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if we consider your claim legitimate.

I recently retired and I was advised to transfer into an Income Drawdown plan instead of buying an Annuity. Should I make a claim for compensation?

It depends. Income Drawdown Pension plans are suitable for certain clients who usually have above average risk profiles. If you were not given a full written Suitability Report detailing the risks and costs and showing a comparison Annuity quote, you may have a legitimate claim.

My unit trust investment has performed poorly, can I make a claim for poor investment performances?

You cannot make a claim for poor investment performance, but you can if the investment recommendation did not suit your risk profile or the risks were not explained properly. This is deemed as inappropriate advice.

My Building Society adviser advised me to transfer my savings deposit cash account into an investment bond, which has lost money, can I make a claim?

If you have been recommended to switch out of a cash account or ISA and into a riskier bond, Structured Bond, Investment ISA/OEIC or Unit Trust and have lost money as a result, you can now apply to be compensated if the risks were not clearly explained at the outset.

Mr B, Derbyshire
£150,000 compensation

Excellent advice and support - from the initial enquiry to the final compensation award of £150,000 in respect of my mis-sold pension transfer from a Final Salary scheme.

Mr L, Leeds
FSCS Claim £50,000

My praise for Assist.Claims is not simply due to their obtaining the maximum compensation award on our behalf. Throughout the process they were never less than extremely professional and were always... Read More

My praise for Assist.Claims is not simply due to their obtaining the maximum compensation award on our behalf. Throughout the process they were never less than extremely professional and were always supportive and easy to communicate with. Their expert knowledge was clear to see. I would have no hesitation in using their services again and in recommending their service to others.

Short Contact Form

  • Your Name *
  • Email address is used to provide you updates or to clarify details if you so wish and will not be used for any other purpose without your consent. Please refer to our privacy policy on how such information is handled.

  • This can be a house phone or mobile and will be used to contact you at your preferred time.